Saturday, March 20, 2010

Angels, Mystics and Saints

If You Don't Know, You Just Don't Know
"I knelt at the So-called tomb of Jesus and prayed. A "Christian" standing beside me said, "Do you believe in that?" I went up the Sainted Stairway in Rome on my knees. A "Christian" beside me said, "Well of all the superstitious persons." I showed some Hollywood party crashers who came to my home one night a lovely, life sized Buddha, and said to them, "If you burn a piece of incense and say a prayer it will come true." They did - and went away telling the world that I was a worshiper of Buddha.
I burned a candle in a CATHOLIC church - knelt and prayed. A person said - what?
If you take nothing with you nothing is there - If you do not understand it doesn't matter.
Anyone who is healed at the Shrine of Lourdes takes with him the Recognition of the Truth - and so - if you don't see you just don't - too bad. "When ye pray believe that ye receive - and that is the LAW. It is not according to the ideas of man.
If you do not know God, you cannot see Him in hell. That's where you need Him most - not in a church house."  Walter Lanyon  excerpt from  2 A.M.

I remember my guardian angel from childhood,  he wore a blue robe had white wings and stood on the nightstand next to my bed for years,  it was the last image in my mind right before I went to sleep, specially the first few nights I started sleeping alone in my room,  it was given to me by my mother,  my 3 brothers each got one but I doubted that they were as devoted to theirs as I was to mine, after all they shared a room and did not have to sleep in the dark by themselves,  it was around this time I started to wish for a sister,  it was lonely being an only girl.  This blue porcelain figure brought me comfort just like many rituals in the catholic faith bring my parents comfort and there is no amount of pedophile priest reporting that would deviate them from the strength needed to go on  that their catholic faith and traditions have given them.  I left the catholic church a long time ago even before the child abuse scandal broke,  I embrace the new thought teachings with passion, ever since I read Norman Vincent Peale's  book about the true nature of God I embarked on a path to prove to myself and my entire family that this suffering in the valley of dead idea could not possibly be God's will,  that this was an invention of our making to explain the unexplainable,   the events that seem to take our breath way and left us feeling secretly blindsided and betrayed by a God that has promise to love us and take care of us,  a God that just in case he couldn't take care of us Himself had a legions of angels and saints as a back up but even with all that help many prayers went unanswered.

So I had put the idea of angels and saint away, discarded along with a big man in the sky taking care of me, god is in me, all is within, the new thought teachers preached from the pulpits, books, worshops, podcast, twitter, or whatever new and advance pulpit technology provides.  I get it,   nothing is "out there",  consciousness is the one and only reality,  I get it.  It is very clear and for the first time I have come to realize that all is sustained by thought,  not that I am in total charge of this manic child that spews thoughts every second of the day but I am getting pretty good at observing and not reacting to every single thought that rises from me.  But there is something that has been missing,  in order to rise in consciousness there has to be an assumption that I am an spiritual being having a human experience in a SPIRITUAL UNIVERSE,  and recognizing the existence of that spiritual universe allows to make contact with Heavenly Creatures, angels, mystics and saints that are willing and available to help, that are ever aware of us and LOVE us,  how could they not if they are present in us as ONE.   It is time for me to let go of religion and get on with Life,  yes there are many traditions from my catholic upbringing that I find useless,  I find religion absurd and a process of brain washing and manipulation but is just part of the "descending" that Neville Goddard's talks about,   in the "ascending" I appropiate the ideas that are useful and provide "an inner crutch",   no longer seeing rituals for the weak or superstitious  mind ,  after all if there is something that has been proven by new and non new "thoughters" is that a thought held in mind produces after its kind,  so what is wrong with an experience that includes angels that lift me up so my feet won't trip on stones?  Sounds good to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment