Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Practice Practice Practice

One valuable advantage of the nerd is that not a whole lot of social contact is required on the daily, lots of times may be dedicated obsessively to our subject of interest, which right now happens to be the search for a place of rest "Heavenly Rest", I want to grab the what, that I am looking for with the who I am looking with, discover they are one and the same and finally exhale.
I have discovered it takes practice to chase my own tail, I have been getting lots of good advise from my most loyal companions, my books, the ones I have read countless times, the ones bought but never read till now and today, one I found in a little paperback trade bookstore where everything smells old and you can find every romance novel ever written, the kind that makes the lonely girl heart's flutter(been there, done that) by the way this place would had been paradise for me in the late 80's and early 90's. A book has always been my most loyal companion and looking back I can describe my inner feelings at a certain time in my life just by remembering which books I was reading.

This is good advise for the seeker, it will most definitely lead to Discovery "The right and wrong is in yourself. Listen to yourself. Find out what is going on in your mind. Is it not the memory of the loss that you have had? It is a continual voice going on in your heart saying-"you have failed, you have failed, you have failed"Can you make this be quiet? be silent? As soon as you get rid of this reflection all will be well with you. What must I do? How can I do this? The mystic answer "Determination, promise me that from now on you will never give a thought to your past failures. Past is past, present is present. Proceed with hope and courage, all will be well." From Spiritual Dimensions of Psychology by Hazrat Inayat Khan

All my counseling this week has been along the same lines, "Assumptions harden into fact" advise given by Neville Goddard, "Repetition , repetition" given by Walter C Lanyon and the one that grabbed me as soon as I heard it "It ain't that heavy mama, let it go" by Mo'nique on Oscar night, thanks girl and congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment